How often should I have a dental checkup and cleaning ?
Checkups are an important part of maintaining healthy teeth and gums. We recommend a dental cleaning every six months but everyone is different and some people only need their teeth cleaned once a year while others need it every three to four months. If it has been a while since your last checkup, we invite you to visit Rimrock Dental Clinic.
What happens during a checkup?
Your annual dental checkup is essential as it is the foundation of your oral care. During your visit, Dr. Jason examines your teeth and gums to check for abnormalities, tooth decay and inspect your gums for any signs of gum disease. In addition, our friendly and gentle staff will perform the following services:
- A physical exam of your mouth – Before the actual cleaning of your teeth, our dental hygienist will examine your mouth for any signs of gingivitis or other possible concerns.
- Professional cleaning – Our dental hygienists use special tools to deeply clean your teeth and the areas between your teeth that brushing and flossing cannot reach. Your teeth will also be polished and receive a fluoride treatment to strengthen enamel and prevent cavities.
- Dental X-rays – Using digital x-ray technology, we look at the roots of your teeth, assess the health of your jawbone and examine beneath the surface of the gums that cannot be seen during a visual examination. We also review the alignment of your wisdom teeth to determine if they need to be extracted before they emerge.
- Oral Cancer Screening – Finally we will examine the soft tissue in your mouth to identify lesions that could indicate oral cancer.
Dread the Dentist?
Going to the dentist may be an uncertain experience at times. The team at Rimrock Dental Clinic understands this and works hard to ensure your experience is pleasant, comfortable and professional. In fact, Dr. Jason believes incorporating a sense of humor brings joy to the profession and can lighten the mood of any dental procedure. He understand the fear, anxiety and annoyance of laying in the dental chair, with your mouth wide-open with a person working inside your mouth. This is why our approach is centered on your experience. Helping you feel relaxed, worry-free and confident is why we perform our work efficiently and effectively. Taking care of the oral health of our friends and neighbors in Dawson County is our mission at Rimrock Dental Clinic.
What forms of Payment does RDC except?
1) Visa, Mastercard, and Discover
2) Personal Check $30.00 Fee will be charged for all returned NSF Checks
3) Line of credit with CareCredit (ask for more information)
Does Rimrock Dental Clinic submit insurance paperwork?
What if I need to reschedule?
No problem, we understand that life gets busy.
We ask that you kindly give at least a 24 hour notice to reschedule or cancel an appointment.
Missed appointments cost everyone involved time and money. If you don’t show up for an appointment and you do not notify us within 24 hours, you may be charged for that appointment.